Australian National

(anotd)
Tuesday 8th September 1998

This on-line paper is now archived for perpetuity in the National Library of Australia

Subscriber's password check (have your subscription number handy)
Subscribers get free access to the monthly "The Strategy" on-line from April 1998.

Recent stories exclusive to  (how to) subscribe/rs of the Australian National News of the Day now at the bottom of this page.

"ON NOW" weekly abbreviated anotd fax-back - Updated every Monday afternoon.
Dial: 1902 211037 and follow the instructions.

(Note: costs 0.75 c per minute will be billed to your phone account under "ON NOW NEWS LETTER")

Current topical links (available to all readers):
[Links to the MAI]
[One Nation on-line DISCUSSION forum] [One Nation Federal Web Site]
Archive of weekly features (available to all readers):
[The Canberra Column] [Economic Rationalism]

Today's Headlines
an Aussie's viewpoint on Australia's first daily Internet newspaper.
Since October 1995

Between the One Nation lines

Now I am not saying that the post below definitely originates from The Courier Mail's "National Affairs editor Peter Charlton but it appears to - and makes a good introduction to the lunchtime "meeting of minds" I had with one Jeff Kennett , Victorian Premier, yesterday. Charlton is the reporter who tried to warm Australians on the MAI earlier this year with a series of slanted articles which presented anything but the full picture.

(Kennett seen here yesterday with Liberal Candidate for Blair - Cameron Thompson)