Saturday 13th June 1998

This on-line paper is now archived for perpetuity in the National Library of Australia

Subscriber's password check (have your subscription number handy)
Subscribers get free access to the monthly "The Strategy" on-line from April 1998.

Recent stories exclusive to  (how to) subscribe/rs of the Australian National News of the Day now at the bottom of this page.

Current topical links (available to all readers):
[Links to the MAI]
[Queensland One Nation State Election website] [One Nation Federal Web Site]
Archive of weekly features (available to all readers):
[The Canberra Column] [Economic Rationalism]

Today's Headlines
an Aussie's viewpoint on Australia's first daily Internet newspaper.
Since October 1995

Queensland State Election LIVE

FOLLOW THIS LINK RIGHT THROUGH THE DAY.... MAIN COVERAGE AFTER 6pm

First Preferences (%) - 1200 Eligible voters - AC Nielsen
Party Total Brisbane Balance of Queensland
ALP 36 43 30
Pauline Hanson's One Nation 22 14 29
Liberal Party 18 24 13
National Party 11 4 17
Democrats and Others 2 3 2
Independents 6 5 6
Undecided 5 7 3

Poll taken on June 10th

Making the news" -
an indepth exposé of media and political collusion at the highest possible levels in Australia.

email the editor You Say:

Subject: "banking"

Did we hear aright - is One Nation contemplating the establish- ment of a new bank?

If indeed that is what is proposed we can only hope that you have some people on your team who have done the research to discover why the States have been conned out of conducting banks (they still have constitutional power to do banking business unencumbered by the whims of the successive federal governments) and the logic behind the restructuring of the Commonwealth bank (it no longer has the aims and objectives that made it the "people's bank" when it was initially set up).

Certainly the federal legislation, under which most bank licences are issued, denies banks the right to lend out depositors funds and compensates for this by permiting them to create credit (at the stroke of the pen so to speak) equivalent to about eighteen times depositors funds and to charge a multiplicity of virtually unregulated fees and charges in addition to high variable rate interest on virtually all of it.

There is no justification for a variable rate loan which allows a lender to increase its/his revenues after making the deal to lend at a particular interest rate for a set term but the politicians lack the intestinal fortitude to enforce this against the greedy foreign controllers.

In recent years we have observed the moves by N.S.W. Permanent Building Society and St.George Building Society to convert to banks in order to massively "empire build" by taking advantage of the generosity of the government's banking licences.

Consolidation of banks also occurs from time to time as the, now mostly foreign controlled, if not yet totally foreign owned, big banks gobble up the small regional ones with the consent of the gutless politicians in government and the shareholders of the smaller banks who have no concept of loyalty or awareness of the consequences of placing their own and their children's futures in the hands of compassionless and quite ruthless organizations.

Undoubtedly your advisers would be aware of the history of (Queensland's) Agricultural bank and (New South Wales") Rural bank and (Western Australia's) Rural and Industries bank.

What happened to the Primary Industry Bank of Australia (PIBA)? The Australian Country Party and/or its succesor the National party of Australia made several attempts to establiah bank-like structures to provide low cost funding to the rural communities but none of them seem to have survived the onslaught of the econonic rationalists.

Do you know why Cairns Starr-Bowkettt Building and Investment Society in North Queensland disappeared or how effectively the graduates with Masters degrees in Business Administration destroyed the, previously highly successful, St.George Starr- Bowkett Co-operative Societies by converting their record keeping to a series of disasterous and costly computer based programmes and attempted to fund the failures by introducing dozens of new rules and a multiplicity of fees and charges.

In the process of investigating finance schemes, it is assumed that your experts will have seriously investigated schemes such as:

Jon Axtens

Subject: Re: saintjames@innocent.com

Thanks very much for this email James, I've given your regards to slartbartfast who helped setup Netspace ISP.

I'm off in a few hours to vote for One Nation, please send the hackers in immediately and launch a fresh attack. Every time you do it adds another 10 votes to One Nation, at this rate we should be paying you.

PS. Dont worry about slart. We had a good laugh at the situation, mostly at your stupidity. Its only going to take one offical complaint to have the cache checked on netspace, I hope for yoursake your clean. ;-) BTW Mr James, the cache is bullet proof in court.

Good Luck & Have a niceday.

>I'm still here idiot. Now I am curious as to how you concluded that
>I'm the guy who subscribed old scotty to the lists? Exactly what
>proof? I really dn't have time to waste my alloteed hours for you
>idiots. It's not my fault if all the crazy left wing students from
>ALL the universities are spreading news about you and sitting down >in
front of the workstations and subscribing you to the list >servers. And
it won't be my fault if all the hackers from
>alt.2600 put your server down either. Proof before accusations >please.

Subject: Comments on Australian News of the Day

Dear Y Uchda

Your attitude is typical of many that oppose One Nation.

You are ignorant, ill informed and quite frankly full of hate.

If you have a problem with our democratic system, please feel free to leave this great nation of ours and move to some other multicultural shithole eg. the USA it is multiculturalism that has made it the way it is today, not guns.

Black against white, hispanic agaist jew, gang against gang, I'm sure with your spitefull prayers you would fit in nicely.

I sure as hell wouldn't miss the likes of you..

Personal trivia, from the global office:

Another busy day in paradise.

Have a good one.

Recent stories exclusive to  (how to) subscribe/rs of the Australian National News of the Day:

Beattie's preference lies exposed - 11th June 1998
Launch of One Nation state policies - 8th June 1998
Sixty Minutes break new barriers in unethical reporting - 6th June 1998
Ray Martin revelas his spots when challenging Pauline Hanson on A Current Affair - 4th June 1998
The backlash to Ray Martin's unethical behaviour during his interview with Pauline Hanson.- 4th June 1998
Queensland candidates gather in Gympie - 31st May 1998
Political Correctness and "racism" exposed.- 30th May 1998
Taking on News Limited at the Australian Press Council in Sydney.- 23rd May 1998
Launch of One Nation's Queensland leadership.- 22nd May 1998
Protest over closure of National Australia Bank branch in Ipswich - 21st May 1998
Pauline Hanson meets the people of Blair
- 20th May 1998
Unethical trifecta expose Courier Mail's intellectual prostitutes - 9th May 1998

Return to Australian National News of the Day

#

Web development, design, and storage by Global Web Builders - Email: global@gwb.com.au

See GLOBE International for other world news.

anotd