Tuesday 9th June 1998

This on-line paper is now archived for perpetuity in the National Library of Australia

Subscriber's password check (have your subscription number handy)
Subscribers get free access to the monthly "The Strategy" on-line from April 1998.

Recent stories exclusive to  (how to) subscribe/rs of the Australian National News of the Day now at the bottom of this page.

Current topical links (available to all readers):
[Links to the MAI]
[Queensland One Nation State Election website] [One Nation Federal Web Site]
Archive of weekly features (available to all readers):
[The Canberra Column] [Economic Rationalism]

Today's Headlines
an Aussie's viewpoint on Australia's first daily Internet newspaper.
Since October 1995

Pauline Hanson's One Nation launch policies

Amongst the media gathered at the launch was the presenter (seen left) for Channel 7's Witness programme.

She had been spending time with Dorothy Pratt in Barambah and meeting with the One Nation leadership... we had time to chat at the policy launch and on the subject of Sixty Minutes she agreed with our collective views on its complete lack of credibility.

Channel 7 will carry the resulting segment on Thursday night at 9.30pm... make sure you watch it.

The policy launch went extremely well with Heather Hill starring and Ian Petersen together with Bill Feldman playing powerful supporting roles.

Full coverage with images, policies etc from this link.

Today the papers are full of comments from the bleeding heart campaign and minority politically correct groups including the following:

The one I like the most is the axing of the Anti-Discrimination Commission - saving the state Au$2.6 million.

The QFF are upset because primary industry spokesman, Ian Petersen, wants to re-introduce tariffs to protect the local farming industry.

Peter Beattie is frothing at the mouth saying that the establishment of a state owned bank offering Au$150 million in loans at 2% will bankrupt the country.... the loans being offered to rural industry and small business.

What a joke Mr Beattie, see what KPMG say below.

Labor's credibility on the ropes

A director of KPMG has confirmed that Labor's plans over a tilt train promised as part of their election platform is Au$638 million underfunded.

Beattie stood firm reckoning that KPMG, the party's auditors, had got it all wrong!

Kid's stuff - want a word with them?