Australian National

(anotd)
Friday 28th August 1998

This on-line paper is now archived for perpetuity in the National Library of Australia

Subscriber's password check (have your subscription number handy)
Subscribers get free access to the monthly "The Strategy" on-line from April 1998.

Recent stories exclusive to  (how to) subscribe/rs of the Australian National News of the Day now at the bottom of this page.

"ON NOW" weekly abbreviated anotd fax-back - Updated every Monday afternoon.
Dial: 1902 211037 and follow the instructions.

(Note: costs 0.75 c per minute will be billed to your phone account under "ON NOW NEWS LETTER")

Current topical links (available to all readers):
[Links to the MAI]
[One Nation on-line DISCUSSION forum] [One Nation Federal Web Site]
Archive of weekly features (available to all readers):
[The Canberra Column] [Economic Rationalism]

Today's Headlines
an Aussie's viewpoint on Australia's first daily Internet newspaper.
Since October 1995

Between the One Nation lines

Last night I was invited to join Queensland State leader Bill Feldman and Ken Turner (MP for Thuringowa) for dinner at the Parliamentary dining room in Brisbane.

In the images below Bill and his wife, myself and Ken Turner (fondly known as Santa Claus) and a meal fit for a MP served with silver cutlery and gold-embossed crockery.

During the evening I was able to get Dolly Pratt, Ken Turner and Shaun Nelson onto the One Nation discussion forum.

Lots of talk and discussion regarding issues involving the party and the pranks of the Labor Party who, in the words of Bill Feldman, are resorting to parliamentary tactics that Beattie promised would not be allowed.

Yesterday, for example, Beattie referred to Coalition leader Borbidge as a "paedophile" during a heated debate. When Borbidge called for an apology the Speaker, Labor's Ray Hollis, disputed exactly what Beattie had said, saying that he had referred to the Coalition supporting paedophiles. When Borbidge said that Beattie should then apologise to every member of the Coalition for the slur. Hollis told him to sit down and keep quiet in no uncertain terms.

The minority Labor Party are supported by Independent Peter Wellington who's credibility is slipping further and further into the abyss as he sides with the Labor party on issues which are morally corrupt. Issues like Shreddergate - an investigation into which has been effectively "killed" by his casting vote.

Meanwhile the worst kept secret in Parliament at the moment is that Paul Trewartha (who resigned from his position as national secretary and vice-president on Tuesday) apparently spent yesterday with a journalist from The Courier Mail - reportedly with the very vocal now anti-One Nation Barbara Hazelton at the meeting.

(Paul Trewartha seen right above at the get together of One Nation state candidates in Toowoomba earlier this year.)

One does not have to be an Einstein to see what will appear in tomorrow's Courier Mail - another story about One Nation "falling apart at the seams". Today's infatuation with Beazley's regressive tax policy dominated the pages of The Courier Mail so the short 15 centimetre article headed "Hanson official resigns" can be seen for what it is - just a teaser for tomorrow's major feature. And, yes, I am taking bets on this prediction.

Yesterday Paul Trewartha told the media that his reason for resigning was "very simple - Pauline doesn't support my position - so I thought the honourable thing was to resign, so she could put someone in there more compatible with her views".

On Tuesday I referred to a meeting that I had on One Nation's tax policy. I can tell you now that the Debit Tax to be announced on Sunday to a gathering of One Nation candidates in Ipswich follows extensive discussions that we held. (See pics below taken during selection of the Debit Tax on Monday.)

Left to right below: Pauline Hanson between Len Harris and Barry Evans; Fraser Anning, David Ettridge and Tom King; Brett Hocking, Peter James and Scott Balson.

At the meeting Pauline Hanson decided, in light of promised major funding support for promoting the tax and the continuing negative publicity orchestrated by the mainstream media about the party director (David Ettridge's) commission on donations to establish a trust that Ms Hanson and her State officials will control. The trust will be used to promote the Debit Tax in the lead up to the Federal election.

"Certain media reports have caused David Ettridge in particular to be seen, quite wrongly, as being involved in the past in financial dealings which have caused a loss of confidence," Mr James said.

"The need was most recognised in Queensland when we realised that we were not getting donations in support of One Nation because of a perception that had been created by media reports of some potential impropriety," Mr James said.

"We have established in Queensland a trust fund which we expect to receive in the hundreds of thousands of dollars ... that money is coming in now."

Mr James also said that Ms Hanson had appointed another Queensland official, Mr Berwin Smith, as national campaign co-ordinator for the Federal election and each State branch would run its own campaign. Mr Ettridge would therefore have no role in the election campaign.

"David Ettridge will continue with his present role, which is purely the administration of One Nation. We wish to have an obvious difference between that and the conduct of the campaign and campaign funds," he said.

Meanwhile David Ettridge said he was "quite happy to be relieved of things".

"I've never been interested in power, I'm interested in having a good life and you can't when you're so snowed under," he said.

Media speculation is that David Ettridge will be standing aside. I can tell you now that I spoke to him this morning. He confirmed to me that the rumours were wrong, "They are totally wrong", he said, "this is just another move by the media to destabilise the party."

The move to take control of the donations from Ettridge effectively squashes media reports that One Nation is controlled by him.

Finally, as the party's lead ticket representing New South Wales in the Senate Pauline Hanson's senior adviser David Oldfield is ready to stand down from this position - one that he cannot hold once he formally announces his position as a Senate candidate.

Mr Oldfield said he could continue to act at times as Ms Hanson's spokesman, "whenever it's appropriate", but "I'll just be on call, essentially".

MD

Labor's tax bribe at a cost to those who have saved

The ALP is making a virtue of its election lures - costing $7 billion, compared with the Coalition's $17 billion - arguing its promises will be deliverable no matter how the global economic crisis unfolds.

The Taxpayers Association says Labor's tax package contains a major surprise in the form of capital gains tax on the sale of assets acquired before 20 September 1985. Pity they don't think of reforming the gross MP superannuation packages on a retrospective basis going back to the same date. Can you imagine how Hawke and Keating would squeal!

The Tax Association Head Peter McDonald says such assets have always been tax free and when the capital gains tax rules came in it was announced they would remain tax free.

Mr McDonald says the assets to be slugged are numerous.

"We're really talking about any asset," he said.

"It could be a rental property, it could be shares, it could be land, it could be a boat, it could be anything like that, that literally the person who currently owns it acquired before the capital gains tax rules came into being," he said.

Meanwhile, Business Council President Stan Wallis says Labor's package is not real tax reform, as it has not changed the indirect tax system, in ways fundamental to further economic growth.

Mr Wallis says Labor's attempt to fund its package, using less of the Budget surplus, is not necessarily positive.

"Both packages have some stimulatory aspects to them," Mr Wallis said.

"I think the view of the business community is it's worth expending some of that surplus to get comprehensive tax reform in place.

"The Labor party is simply not addressing the fundamentals of comprehensive tax reform," he said.

The National Farmers Federation says Labor's package falls short of the tax reform Australia needs.

NFF executive director Wendy Craik says the package has missed the boat as far as helping exporters.

"But I think the ALP really have made a few changes at the margins but they have done nothing with fuel excise which is an incredible impost on agriculture costs.

"They've done nothing with wholesale sales tax so exporters really won't benefit from this package," Ms Craik said.

Politically correct and Laboral unite against One Nation as expected.

Here is an extract:

Leaders of Australian business, unions, welfare and churches joined in a rare show of public unity yesterday to repudiate One Nation and urge Australians to do likewise, condemning its policies as a threat to the nation.

The former Labor prime minister Mr Bob Hawke approached the Business Council of Australia and pulled the group together.

The Business Council, ACTU, Australian Council of Social Service, the Executive Council of Australian Jewry and leaders of the Catholic and Anglican churches made their joint call for "a tolerant, open Australia" in Melbourne yesterday, asserting that immigration had benefited Australia economically and culturally.

Anger as One Nation posters banned in shops

Pauline Hanson's One Nation Party says it is battling discrimination at Lake Macquarie. One Nation candidate for the Federal seat of Shortland Mr Ron Gardnir has been banned from placing election posters in Lake Macquarie Fair shopping centre at Mount Hutton.

But Liberal candidate for Shortland Mr Peter Craig, who runs a bakery in the centre, and Labor candidate Ms Jill Hall have been granted permission to display material and set up information booths.

Mr Gardnir said it was a blatant case of political discrimination.

"We are asking the people of Shortland to face an election soon, and what this shopping centre's virtually doing is saying no we are not giving you a choice any more, you only have Labor and Liberal, so bad luck,' he said.

'At this stage we don't know whether it is a simple management decision or if the political parties have put some pressure on them. 'Basically it means the rough end of the pineapple for the people of Shortland.'

Mr Gardnir said he would check to see if the shopping centre had breached any election regulations by playing favourites. The issue arose when the Liberal candidate erected a campaign photograph of himself in his bakery.

The Labor candidate was then given permission to display material but requests from One Nation were met with a firm 'no'. Mr Craig said he did not see it as unfair because 'One Nation has no major policies anyway'.

'There are only two major parties in the election anyway that are of any value to anyone,' he said.

Mr Craig said information stands would be placed in the centre at select times to inform voters of the two major parties' election policies.

He said it would not be a case of political hard-sell but would be more 'advice'.

Shopping centre manager Mr Graham Carroll said the decision to bar 'minor parties' would stand.

'We have made a decision,' he said. 'We think the major issues need to be addressed and we felt that the Labor Party needed equal opportunity with the Liberal Party to provide information for our customers, but we weren't going to take it any further.' One Nation Hunter spokesman Mr Ron Cantwell said the decision was a scandal. 'We don't care if Santa Claus has a sign up, its a question of discrimination,' he said.

Australian Electoral Commission director of enrollment and parliamentary elections Mr Doug Orr said the shopping centre had not broken any rules.

'Its not illegal, its a matter for the centre management,' he said.
-------------------------
Submitted by Ron Gardnir

MASS EXECUTIONS IN CHINA

Authorities in the southeastern Chinese city of Shenzhen say they have carried out the largest mass execution in the city's history.

Judges issued punishments for 53 people at a sentencing rally attended by nearly 20,000 people in a sports stadium.

Immediately after the rally, the 30 given death sentences were taken to an execution ground and shot.

Those executed were judged to have committed murder and robbery or trafficked in guns and explosives.

Shenzhen, which abuts Hong Kong, was transformed from a fishing village into a test centre for capitalist reforms by the late Communist Party patriarch Deng Xiaoping.

A soaring crime rate was one of the results, fed in part by legions of migrants hoping to make it rich in the relatively wealthy city.

Making the news" -
an indepth exposé of media and political collusion at the highest possible levels in Australia.

email the editor

You say:

Subject: Multinational companies.

My employer has just sold out to a multi nation company. Although my industry will in, the long run, be for the worse because of this decision me immediate concern is my employment. I have just been asked to sign a new employment contract but I don't know what to do because of the terms and conditions which the document contains. Heres some examples, I think you'll all be disturbed as much as me. 1. Hours of duty.
You will be expected to devote the whole of your time during normal working hours and at such other times as may be reasonably necessary to the business of the company. Working hours may vary accordingly to your position and branch. your hours of work will be set by your manager.

2. Drugs.
The taking of drugs is controlled by the law. "Any person found breaking the law" or or under the influence of a non prescribed drug will be instantly dismissed.

does this mean, i wonder, if one is caught J-WALKING one is open to dismissal?

3. Dealing with the media.
You must not, without the prior consent of the company communicate with or disclose to any representative of the media any information of any nature whatsoever relating to the company its clients or customers.

4. Confidential information and its protection.
You must not, at anytime during the term of your employment {except in the ordinary and proper course of the company's business} and for twenty four {24} months thereafter, disclose or communicate to any other person any information concerning the affairs of the company. "Affairs of the company" concerns any business of the company, any information about its products, business methods, pricing policy, tenders, financial information and intellectual property, howsoever that information is known recorded or stored and wether found in visually or machine readable form.

There are 25 points in total which I have never had sign with the previous employers. A SIGN OF THE TIMES?

DOES ANYBODY KNOW MY RIGHTS IF I DON'T SIGN THIS DOCUMENT. WILL I STILL HAVE MY EMPLOYMENT?

Scott Hastings

Subject: an unholy coaltion

Well, well, well, I see they are at it again. An unholy coalition of business, union, welfare and church self-styled leaders are presuming to tell their fellow Australians how to think and how to vote in the coming election.

Among other absurdities they claim that One Nation's attitudes and policies "threaten Australian jobs by undercutting the growth that flows from an open economy". Who wrote this drivel? The president of the IMF?

A dangerous idea seems to be gaining ground in Australia that consensus is always preferable to disagreement. That it signifies political maturity. This is rubbish. In a healthy democracy people are not only entitled to disagree, they would be lobotomized zombies if they did not disagree. While many people (the signatories?) are doing very nicely out of the globalisation push, many others are not. The National Civic Council and the One Nation party are both oppposed to the economic rationalist policies which have been followed by Liberal and Labor for the past 15 years.

As a result of those policies Australia is losing its economic and political sovereignity. There is high unemployment. When the Statistician counts a person as 'employed' for working just one hour a week, the official unemployment rate is a joke. Australia routinely imports skilled migrants while its own young are denied apprenticeships, and instead are 'trained' for low-paid 'service industries'. Ninety per cent of big business is foreign-owned and pays little if any tax here. Once publicly owned assets and utilities have been sold, despite strong public opposition. The new shareholders don't care about the massive job losses or reduced services resulting from privatisation. They are only interested in increased share prices and fat dividends. Greed is rampant, and the stock of social capital is all but gone.

These are a few of the perfectly legitimate reasons people support One Nation. If a citizen disagrees with the Liberal and Labor policies where is an alternative? The Democrats are too socially and morally permissive for those of conservative bent. The Greens are irrelevant.

I cannot credit the stupidity of these 'leaders'. As if One Nation supporters will change their minds because they are told to!

Antonia Feitz

Subject: S. Verma ( or is that Vermin?)

I'm afraid that S. Verma lives in a much smaller and more isolated place than Bendigo. Sadder still is the obvious fact that he / she is parroting a much older person.

"Why should asians/migrants have to assimilate with people like you?"

Because people like me generously allowed you to escape that stinking cesspool you emigrated from (India) - I would have thought it obvious.

"Asians are the glue that binds the threads of your nation together. If they leave, who will be here to train your employees, to mend your mistakes, to finish your work, to make your businesses profitable and to maintain your countries standards?"

Oh, so maybe you would like to demonstrate with hard figures where all these skilled asians are? I know that a small proportion are skilled, the majority however are not. I would also like you to quote some examples of mistakes made by us and fixed by them? Profitable business was here long before you, thats what gave this country the standards that made it attractive enough for you to want to come here, fool.

"I am Indian, and will always be so. I will never be Australian if there are people.."

Well, apart from the fact that your sentence wasn't finished, there begs a question: If you are an Indian and not an Australian, what the hell are you doing here?

"The world is about give and take, One Nation"

Sure, the more we give maggots like you, the more you take - I see a whole lot of give and take in your precious India, in its "give and take" nuclear standoff with Pakistan, and there sure is a lot of that "give and take" in Tibet and East Timor.

Why don't you ask yourself what started all that "give and take", you stupid child. If it wasn't cultural and idealogical differences then what?

Don't thank me for my patience - as far as your ilk are concerned I have none to give.

Anthony Mare

Subject: Re: Why should we assimilate?

S.Verma wrote on ANOTD:

>What puzzles me about One Nation policies about assimilation is WHY SHOULD ASIANS/MIGRANTS
>HAVE TO ASSIMILATE WITH PEOPLE LIKE YOU?

Imagine you own a house and you advertise for a flatmate. What sort of person would you choose? Would you choose someone who didn't speak your language? Would you choose someone whose habits conflict with your own? Would you choose someone who had vastly different views on issues that you hold dear to your heart? Would you want your new flatmate to make up the "house rules" or would you expect them to conform to the established rules that you had set?

The people in Australia are the "house owners". The people want to let in "flatmates" that conform to whatever criteria happens to suit us. If we prefer to deal with people that speak English then that's our perogative. If we prefer people whose cultural habits are in harmony with ours, that is our choice.

>Every time an Australian visits or resides in China or
>Asia, They do not begin to call themselfs Asian and nor do they behave like the Asians do.

That's right. And if the Chinese don't like it they can kick them out.

>Asians are the glue that bind the threads of your nation
>together. If they leave, who will be here to train your employees, to mend your mistakes, to finish your work, to
>make your businesses profitable and to maintain your countries standards?

So what are you saying? We are helpless as a nation without Asians? Sounds racist to me.

>What do you have against Single Mothers?

Pauline has said nothing against single mothers in general. All she has said is that single mothers who become single mothers of their own choice and keep doing so, should take financial responsibility for that choice. Hardly an unreasonable attitude.

>What have Asians and Aboriginals ever done to you?

Nothing. That's why I say they should have equal rights. Not more rights. Not less. Just equal.

>The world is all about give and take, One Nation. At the moment, it seems that you are doing all the taking and
>have nothing to offer to Australia exept disgruntled views and half-baked concepts.

What One Nation is offering is a lot of stuff which was official Labor and Liberal policy about 20 years ago. It's not half-baked but rather very well baked, time-tested and time-proven.

Name Withheld

Subject: marriage

Traditional marriage and all the social benefits that derive from it would soon make a comeback if the government butted out of the area of personal human relationships. As long as there is a tax-payer funded financial alternative to the hard slog of marriage, many people will take advantage of it. Despite feminist rhetoric, very few people divorce because of violent abuse.

A young woman of my acquaintance is pregnant with her fourth child and refuses to marry as it would compromise her 'independence'. This is immoral on many grounds. Her 'independence' has been attained by sponging off tax-payers. She denies the man/men in her life their rightful parental role. Her children are growing up without a father with all the well-documented social pathology that results from fatherlessness. By rewarding her with an income the government legitimises her deviant behaviour and so she is a bad example to other young women.

By all measurements governments make lousy husbands and even worse fathers. American Charles Murray has recommended the radical proposal that the government stop all payments to welfare mothers. So how would they survive? As they have always done throughout human history - by relying on their biological kin. He says this would have many benefits. It would ensure that children grow up with the presence of other adults, not just an inept and isolated mother. It would bring pressure on women to marry so as not to be a burden to their family. It would allow men their adult role of husband and father. It would re-introduce the stigma of illegitimacy and so act as a forceful deterrent. It would most likely re-introduce 'shotgun' marriages. Murray comments that while stigma and shotgun marriages might be unpleasant for those at the receiving end, they nevertheless serve as powerful and salutary regulators of behaviour in all societies.

As far as I know only Western societies have indulged in this social engineering experiment. It has been a moral, social and financial disaster. You won't find high illegitmacy rates in the Asian countries. Why? They are too sensible to undermine marriage and waste money by supporting voluntary mother-headed households.

Antonia

Subject: THOSE DAMN PROTOCOLS AD NAUSEAM

Hey cool. So they ARE an original work of art! The inspiration is from a fictional satire of a dialogue with the Dev- ah stuff it. Cohn was self-evidently a Jew.

Anyway it's the perfect plan, plot to take over the world and then (wait for it) publish it in various dubious paperback editions (and in magazines in serial form) that way, no-one will ever know!! Then meet in cemeteries saying "Hee-he, we're REALLY evil today, aren't we!".

[oh, and my apologies for misspelling Occam's name (my own unwitting insult to the Razor).

I'm very pleased to have helped amuse you so.

But our discussion is meaningless here. Better theories are to be found elsewhere, you can discuss the true meaning of the story with the believers [maybe you've been there before].

Michael Bradley

Subject: GST and the tax system.

We are being told that the GST is not a new tax, but, a new tax system. We are also told that the existing tax laws comprise 5000 pages of nightmares for accountants. This 'new system' introduces a new tax and replaces 10 existing taxes (9 of which are State taxes) and I am not prepared to accept that this action will eliminate the complexity of the present system. The Wholesale Sales Tax is applicable to the wholesaler's price to the retailer. The retailer, in general, marks up that price by 100% and a 10% GST on that price is equal to a 20% WST. Hence the price on most household goods will be unchanged. The price on tax exempt foods will increase by 10%. Goods currently carrying a 32% WST should decrease by about 10% but 50 years experience leaves me pessimistic on the benevolence of retailers and the probability that the ACCC watchdog will effectively police price reductions.

The current tax laws are complicated, not because of PAYE income tax but, by the multitude of laws and conditions governing the rebates and incentive payments to industry and multinational investment companies. Certainly a GST broadens the tax base by including the entire population (e.g. pensioners, retirees, unemployed, etc.) and expands the volume of products to which the GST will apply (with the exception of some 'touchy' things like health and education). This GST will touch only the general population. Companies will avoid much of this tax by purchasing offshore for their own consumer needs (e.g. computers, infrastructure, printing of brochures, etc.) much of which is imported tax free under the overwhelming mass of the 5000 other pages. Any GST on local consumer purchases will be recovered in transfer pricing of the product and the final consumer (Us) will then pay the GST of the wholesaler. Hence, no manufacturer or wholesaler will be affected by the GST, only John Q. Public. Indeed, I notice that Company tax levels will be reduced to 30% (the same as the proposed maximum PAYE).

On page 5 of the Government's Tax Brochure they state "That's why the old tax system has to be replaced altogether." It does not tell me if the Double-Tax Agreement of 1953 will be repealed. It does not tell me how taxes on industry will be assessed. It does not tell me how they intend to get Mr. Packer or Mr. Murdoch to pay their taxes. It does not tell me how Multinationals will be taxed. The only thing it talks about is how marvellous the GST will be for us all and how much of an extra burden we will be forced to carry and how they will not be able to support the pensioner if we don't buy it.

I am a pensioner, and my taxes were used to develop Australia's Utilities like Telstra, Energex, the Water Board, etc. I remember when the hospitals were free to all and were financed by the Golden Casket profits with a population of 8million. I remember that in 1968 Australia had unemployment at 0.33%. The politicians, since Menzies, have put this country in such a mess that they have (or intend) to sell off these assets to pay their mismanagement costs and, in retirement, I have to commence paying taxes all over again else they cannot provide for the pensioner. I feel betrayed and my lifetime of work has been set at nought by these bumbling idiots. That is why I shall 'never ever' vote Liberal, Labour, National or Democrat again

Clarrie.

Subject: LABORAL INTERNET PAGES

Hi Scott,

i have just browsed the above pages (LABORAL), and in particular have given the" labour " party a rocket about that traitor Bob(RHODES SCHOLAR) H.......can you believe, they are actually celebrating his gaining power 15 years ago??!!!!!!.my prior ,LABOUR VOTING FAMILY would be turning in their graves ,whilst I,........ still alive,am ASHAMED to admit i once voted for him .

LONG LIVE ONE NATION...

WAYNE

Subject: Middle East War Imminent?

Marshall (US MILITARY FORCES ON DEFCON 2(WAR IMMINENT)) ID#293211:
I relay the following information with extreme concern. I have been retired from the US Army for two years and have a son on active duty now. All American forces in Germany and Naval units in the Persian Gulf and Indian Ocean have been placed in defense Condition #2 ( War is Imminent ) Israeli forces have gone to full war status National Guard asking for vo lunteers for immediate middle east deployment. All passes and leaves for American troops in germany ( combat units ) have been cancelled ( my son included ) US Naval vessels have been dirverted from port to middle east. WAR IN MIDDLE EAST IS IMMINENT... "s A lot of people are about to lose their life...Thanks in part to Comrade Clinton the biggest Traitor in American History.....

From Steve Blizard

Subject: 'Intellectual elites' come out of woodwork!

The irrestible spotlight of One Nation Party has, once again, unearthed the cockroaches of Political Correctness. 'Anti-Hanson Alliance' trumpeted The Melbourne 'Age' of Thursday 27th August on its front page. According to the 'Age', the misogynist collection of socio-political anachronisms calling themselves an 'alliance' consisted of the following: Business Coucil of Australia president Stan Wallis, ACTU secretary and president Bill Kelty and Jennie George, Catholic Archbishops George Pell and Edward Clancy, Anglican Archbishop Keith Rayner, ACOSS President Michael Raper, President of the Australian Coucil of Jewry, Diane Shteinman and scientist Sir Gustav Nossal. Apparently, this sorry collection of fossils was organised by no less a personage than ex(well and truly _EX_) Prime Minister Bob Hawke!

With the possible exception of Sir Gustav Nossal, the sum total contribution of these puppets of multicultual intolerance and globalised tyranny to the well-being, stability and general enhancement of Australian society has been exactly _ZERO_. Instead, they have fostered ill-will, instability and general social decline.

It should come as no surprise to the great mass of decent, hard-working Australians that the likes of Clancy, Pell and Rayner have, in the words of Mr David Oldfield, "stuck their bibs[dare one say 'snouts']" into the current political debate. Having long ceased to have any relevance to their job-description(upholding the Bible, preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ and 'saving souls') and presiding over empty pews and fragmented 'churches', these worthless shepherds, false apostles, workers of deceit and 'cancers on the Body of Christ' have decided to enhance their own self-esteem by becoming 'legends in their own lunchtime' and dancing to the tune of 'political correctness'. _That_ is now _their_ Gospel....and their 'Bible' is the tenets/ideas of the Global Village. What a pathetic display by these disciples of instability,intolerance,ineptitude and irrationality. The likes of Martin Luther,Charles Wesley,John Knox and Charles Haddock Spurgeon would turn in their graves at this mutilation of the Scriptures.

Not to be outdone by these cultural irrelevancies, Jennie George and Bill Kelty have also decided to abandon a rapidly diminishing constituency and blow the bugle of the Thought Police. Ho hum! 'Nary a word, or a concern, about the decimation of manufacturing industry in Australia, the gutting of rural and regional areas and the closing of factories/industires in those regions or the literally millions of workers who have been victims of 'economic rationalism', 're-structuring' and the 'recession we had to have'. Not to mention, a plummeting Aussie dollar and an immovable unemployment rate of 8-9%[with a 'hidden'/'real' unemployment rate of 15+%]. At that rate, one wonders how much longer it will be before they have _no_ workers whatsoever to represent. If all else fails, perhaps the likes of Clancy, Pell and Rayner could higher them as advocates...when they find themselves physically evicted from the church grounds by what remains of an increasingly irate congregation!

cheers!
(jimbo!)

Subject: Remember the words of your Government.

When the financial collapse comes, and when Australia joins the rest of the world in chaos, remember it was the major parties and their lackeys that ridiculed PHON and anyone else that suggested isolationism, a retreat from globalisation and economic rationalism; a return to the "50’s, when it was illegal to deal in currency as though it was a gambling game. Just being simplistic and populist.

Philip Madsen

Subject: COURT TRANSCRIPT- UNLICENCED POSSESSION

MARTIN ESSENBERG
Lot 7 Runnymede Estate Rd
Nanango, 4615
(07) 41-632-423 (ah)
Email
web-page

Transcripts of my recent Court cases for unlicenced possession of firearms are now available on my web-site above. Read them, have a laugh, have a cry but don't get angry- just get even with the Politicians at the next Federal election.

I am due again in Kingaroy Court on Wednesday 2 Sept 98 for sentencing for unlicenced possession of one bolt action .22 cal single shot bolt action Rifle and two air rifles.

I will be appealing both cases as soon as I receive the documents.

I would like to thank my supporters. Anonymous supporters (Qld) assisted me with legal documents. Jeanines' (S.A.) donation was used to get local legal advice on court procedures and on speeches. Brian G's (USA) donation was used to pay for the court transcripts. I would also like to thank John Wilson (NSW) and Mike Bourke (UK) whose own legal battles have encouraged me in mine. I thank the South Burnett times (Qld) and the Stategy (Vic) newspapers also for their coverage of my cause.

I would also like to compliment the impartial and professional manner in which the arresting and prosecuting Queensland Police and the Kingaroy Magistrate have carried out their duties. We may often have a lot of silly galahs as politicians but if the Police and the Judiciary continue to carry out their duties with the fairness with which I have been treated then democracy in Australia is not yet lost.

It is not whether I get off the hook that is important. I could have avoided trouble by just getting a firearms licence and not provoking the Police. What is important is the Rights and Freedoms which we Australians thought we had but which have been removed by stealth by stupid politicians. The Bill of Rights and Magna Carta were the central basis of our freedoms. Until recently most Gun-owning citizens were considered the strength of the society. Now?

Now I, Martin Essenberg, a gun-owner for 20 years am not fit to either have a gun licence or even to do community service

Now Australia a Non-Christian country has also thrown out the laws creating the rights of its citizens. Is this wise? You Decide.

The Brisbane magistrate said as part of his judgement:-

..............This court finds clearly that it is the stupidity of your argument that has encouraged Australian State Parliaments to impose or attempt to achieve uniform gun laws. Your purported excuse offered to the police in relation to protection and self-defence is a reason why a person such as yourself should not have a licence for a firearm...............
and
............Well you can make application to do unpaid community service if you wish, but I can indicate to you if the application is made today this Court will find that you are not a fit person to perform community service.

The Kingaroy prosecutor said:-
................refers to the Magna Carta and the Confirmatio Quitarum. They have no effect upon the laws of this state as they provide no statutory basis in this jurisdiction. In essence, Your Worship, we are a statute state. We draw our laws from statute, not from common law..............
and
................Old law is good law, Your Worship, but it isn't always that good. The Magna Carta and the Confirmatio Quitarum, they have the same effect on our statutory laws as the Bible, Your Worship. They have influenced the development of our statute laws. However, they have no statutory basis in this jurisdiction. ......................

I still need continued support to keep my campaign going. If you are legally knowledgable you can assist by researching this issue and providing supplementary affidavits or legal documentation your assistance would be appreciated and acknowlegded.

Some generous people have already offered me financial assistance. If you are able to assist me send cheques made payable to:

Roberts, Mason & co, Solicitors, Trust Account
P.O. Box 235
Kingaroy, Queensland, 4610
Attention P. Kuskie - Re Martin Essenberg Defence Fund

Subject: Russian Debt

The Hon. Peter Costello, MHR

Federal Treasurer,
Parliament House,
CANBERRA A.C T. 2600

Dear Minister,

Under instructions from our Western Suburbs Principal we write to seek, through you, confirmation that the purchase price for Wheat delivered to the USSR (or Russia), payment for which was delayed at the instigation of the, then Senator, Gareth Evans as the relevant Minister in the Labor government, has never been received and that there is an established process by which such debts are traditionally written off as uncollectible or the money recouped from an Insurance Company under a relevant policy.

How widespread, this particular Principal wonders, is the practice of closing off the "books" (with the change of government and renaming of departments?) and not bothering to press for payment of Primary Produce and other goods "sold" or services provided to other nations?

Does such a practice matter, given that no government (or Parliament), in Australia's history, seems to have elected to take responsibility for the erosion of the nation's status or to seek to insist on trade being different from gift or donation?

Your prompt and comprehensive reply is awaited with great interest and,in anticipation of it, our Principal thanks you.

Sincerely,
J o n M. A x t e n s

Personal trivia, from the global office:

Another perfect day in paradise.

Have a good one.

Search Engine Boosters!
This Ring Name site is owned by One Nation.

Want to join the One Nation ring?

[Skip Prev] [Prev] [Next] [Skip Next] [Random] [Next 5] [List Sites]

Recent stories exclusive to  (how to) subscribe/rs of the Australian National News of the Day:

One Nation Federal Fund Raiser - 21st August 1998
B'nai B'rith's discriminatory and un-Australian "Racewatch" - 18th August 1998
Four Corners become "Flawed" Corners - 11th August 1998
The Nicholas Street Rally - 4th August 1998
Their first day in Parliament - 28th July 1998
The 60 Minutes debate/debacle - 26th July 1998
Hawthorn - where the hooligans won - 21st July 1998
The Ipswich City Council re-institute a ban against Pauline Hanson - 19th July 1998
The One Nation mailing list published in the Australia/Israeli Review - 9th July 1998
The Barbara Hazelton betrayal - 2nd July 1998
Pauline Hanson's One Nation Queensland State MPs meet in Parliament - 27th June 1998
QANTAS censor Pauline Hanson - 24th June 1998

Return to Australian National News of the Day

#

Web development, design, and storage by Global Web Builders - Email: global@gwb.com.au

See GLOBE International for other world news.

anotd