Today's Headlines
an Aussie's viewpoint on Australia's first daily Internet newspaper.
Since October 1995

Wednesday 16th July 1997

Associated links:
Search entire news archive by day
Search entire news archive by text
Definitive Lifestyle Guide to over 5000 Australian webs
Global Web Builders Gold
The Kid's Locker Room
World Wide Websters

International:

The death of two Australia Jewish athletes in Israel on Monday has shocked the world. The athletes, competing in the 15th Maccabiah Games in Tel Aviv were on their way to the opening of the games when a bridge collapsed under them.

The two dead, Yetty Bennett (37) and Gregory Small were part of the 90 team members thrown into the shallow river below.

Team media officer Peter Scott said, "It was amazing, almost surreal. The bridge simply opened up right under my feet and I found myself sliding into the water. I could see people getting stuck and entangled... piling one on top of the other."

Seven other Australians remain on the critically injured list.

Well the smoke screen put up by the extreme left organisers of the protesters at One Nation launches is now starting to dissipate thanks to the Internet and the World Wide Web.

The truth about the Brisbane Anti-Racism Campaign (ARC) is now out with a One Nation intelligence report revealing, in part:

"They (the anti-racism committee) want to get someone (and there was a volunteer - a Hispanic ethnic) to break through the crowd and physically assault her. It was felt that in order to do this and not to have much repercussion in the media (on this Committee) it should only be attempted when they can organise more protesters, ie over 500, as a "few loose cannons" are more significant among a small group than a much larger one."

The above link gives you the full intelligence report on this leak from the ARC committee meeting held on Monday 14th July at ACT house in Peel street, Brisbane.

Pauline Hanson will be talking to Howard Sattler on 6PR in Perth about the report later today.

Yesterday David Oldfield from One Nation debated Stephen Jolly from Militant on Channel Nine's Midday Show here is transcript of parts of the program.

Seems like not just the Liberal Party are deserting the ranks for One Nation: